ECSP Explores Population, Health, Environment (PHE) With "PHE: Building the Foundation for the Next 10 Years" Series
"PHE: Building the Foundation for the Next 10 Years" seeks to energize and expand the population-health-environment (PHE) community by engaging key actors in the field and related development sectors. The sessions include public events as well as smaller working group meetings. The series began in January 2008 with a discussion of ways to build on the success of the "Population, Health, and Environment: Integrated Development for East Africa" conference held in November 2007 in Addis Ababa.
Event summaries, videos, and presentations for the following meetings are currently online:
- "Field Trips: Population-Health-Environment Projects in Kenya, DRC, and Madagascar" on October 23
- "Fishing For Families: Evidence From the Philippines on Integrating Population and Environment in Development Programs" on May 16
- "More or Less?: Two Accounts of Population and Family Planning" on April 22
- "Population-Health-Environment Programs: Assessing the Past, Planning the Future" on March 13
- "Population and Climate Change: Relationships, Research, and Responses" on February 20
- "Integrated Development: Population, Health, and Environment in East Africa, and Future Directions in Policy and Practice" on January 15
"Building the Foundation" is funded by USAID's Office of Population and Reproductive Health.