About the Wilson Center
Internships with the Director's Office
The office of former Congresswoman Jane Harman, Director, President and CEO of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in Washington, DC, seeks an intern who can commit approximately 35 hours per week.
Please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample as one document to Jason Brodsky at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This internship is paid.
- Conduct background research for the Congresswoman’s op-eds, remarks, and briefs
- Accompany the Congresswoman to events both at and outside of the Wilson Center
- Monitor breaking news and assist with synthesizing the news before meetings and events
- Draft office correspondence
- Assist with scheduling and general office duties as assigned
- Current student, recent graduate or accepted into an advanced degree program
- Knowledge of foreign policy issues, particularly national security or the Middle East
- Able to keep up in a fast-paced, demanding office environment
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to utilize Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- International students are eligible, but must have a valid F-1 or J-1 visa and a work authorization letter and/or I-20 form
Fall Internship: August 1
Spring Internship: November 15
Summer Internship: April 15
The Wilson Center is an equal opportunity employer and follows equal opportunity employment guidelines in the selection of its interns.