About the Wilson Center
Internships with the Science and Technology Innovation Program - Documentary Film Internship
Intern with STIP and assist with our video and media projects. STIP project areas include nanotechnology, synthetic biology, Do-It-Yourself biology, social media in disaster response, serious games and geoengineering. Specific video work will focus on additive manufacturing, converging technologies (nano/bio/info/cogno) and young entrepreneurs in America. Interns will work closely with a small, interdisciplinary team.
- Applicants should be undergraduate or graduate students with a background or strong interest and portfolio of work in documentary filmmaking or broadcast journalism. Interest in science and technology policy is a plus, as are strong writing skills.
- Fluency with video/audio editing (Adobe Premiere and/or Final Cut Pro X) is required, as is experience shooting video and still photography on different platforms.
- Responsibilities include helping produce and edit short-form videos, shooting new footage and b-roll, posting video to the web, staffing events and other duties as assigned.
- Applicants should be creative, detail-oriented, ready to engage in a wide variety of tasks and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- The internship is expected to last for 2- 3 months at 15-35 hours per week with potential for extension. Scheduling is flexible.
- Please include links to video/documentary work.
Compensation may be provided to qualified candidates. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and brief writing sample or links to published video work to firstname.lastname@example.org with MEDIA INTERN/SUMMER 2013 in the subject line