The Wilson Center’s Canada Institute launches a major initiative to measure the progress of the “Beyond the Border” agreement unveiled by President Barack Obama and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
The International Watershed Initiative (IWI) was created on the premise that water resources and environmental problems can be anticipated, prevented, or resolved at the local level. At a conference hosted by the Canada Institute and the Environmental Change and Security Program, Chuck Lawson and Willem Brakel of the International Joint Commission (IJC) discussed the findings of the IJC's Third Report to Governments on the International Watershed Initiative.
Sign up for the Canada Institute Newsletter
Experts & Staff
- David Biette // Director, Canada Institute
- Andrew Finn // Program Associate, Canada Institute
- Megan Geckle // Program Assistant, Canada Institute
- Kathryn Friedman // Global Fellow
- Wenran Jiang // Global Fellow
- Jacqueline Krikorian // Fulbright Visiting Research Chair in US-Canada Relations
- Nik Nanos // Global Fellow
- Vanessa Jarnes // Intern, Canada Institute
- Ryan Taylor // Intern, Canada Institute
- Stephanie Van den Berg // Intern, Canada Institute