In 2012, the Canada Institute produced 24 meetings on energy and environment, trade, and border and border security. The Institute also hosted Prime Minister Stephen Harper for the most widely-attended event at the Wilson Center in 2012. In addition, the Institute produced two notable publications on deepwater offshore drilling and on the future of the U.S.-Canada border.
Former U.S. and Canadian government officials join former Canadian Prime Minister Joe Clark to recount Canada's rescue of six Americans during the 1979-1980 Iranian hostage crisis.
The Wilson Center’s Canada Institute launches a major initiative to measure the progress of the “Beyond the Border” agreement unveiled by President Barack Obama and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
The Canada Institute proudly presents the seventh publication in its One Issue, Two Voices series, which addresses Canada-U.S. competitiveness and productivity.
Sign up for the Canada Institute Newsletter
Experts & Staff
- David Biette // Director, Canada Institute
- Andrew Finn // Program Associate, Canada Institute
- Megan Geckle // Program Assistant, Canada Institute
- Kathryn Friedman // Global Fellow
- Wenran Jiang // Global Fellow
- Jacqueline Krikorian // Fulbright Visiting Research Chair in US-Canada Relations
- Nik Nanos // Global Fellow
- Vanessa Jarnes // Intern, Canada Institute
- Ryan Taylor // Intern, Canada Institute
- Stephanie Van den Berg // Intern, Canada Institute