On Monday, April 15, 2003 the people of Québec voted out the separatist Parti Québécois (PQ) after almost ten years in power. Recently elected to Québec's National Assembly, long-time politician and academic Daniel Turp discussed the future of his party and of the sovereignty movement in Québec.
The Canada Institute is pleased to announce the publication of former Canada Institute scholar Arthur Ray's new book, titled: Telling It to the Judge: Taking Native History to Court
Ipsos-Reid released the results of its latest poll comparing U.S. and Canadian attitudes, revealing convergence on a host of issues ranging from the role of government in caring for the poor and the elderly, to the importance of environmental protection as a critical component of economic development. To view the full poll results, click here.
Sign up for the Canada Institute Newsletter
Experts & Staff
- David Biette // Director, Canada Institute
- Andrew Finn // Program Associate, Canada Institute
- Megan Geckle // Program Assistant, Canada Institute
- Kathryn Friedman // Global Fellow
- Wenran Jiang // Global Fellow
- Jacqueline Krikorian // Fulbright Visiting Research Chair in US-Canada Relations
- Nik Nanos // Global Fellow
- Vanessa Jarnes // Intern, Canada Institute
- Ryan Taylor // Intern, Canada Institute
- Stephanie Van den Berg // Intern, Canada Institute