Global News Washington bureau chief Eric Sorensen and Paul Frazer, a strategic advisor for Canada-U.S. relations and Canada Institute Advisory Board co-chair, discuss the impacts Tuesday's election may have on Canada.
Canada Institute Contributor Omer Aziz discusses the future of Canadian and American energy and what that means for both countries efforts to curb carbon pollution.
Clearing up restrictions that clog the Canada-U.S. border could save businesses in both countries as much as $30 billion a year, according to Canada's minister of international trade, Ed Fast.
The C. Warren Goldring Annual Lecture on Canada-U.S. Relations featured former Wilson Center Director Lee Hamilton, who discussed the role of American power in a changing world.
In 2012, the Canada Institute produced 24 meetings on energy and environment, trade, and border and border security. The Institute also hosted Prime Minister Stephen Harper for the most widely-attended event at the Wilson Center in 2012. In addition, the Institute produced two notable publications on deepwater offshore drilling and on the future of the U.S.-Canada border.
Michael Hart, one of Canada's leading scholars on trade policy, has been named the next Fulbright-Woodrow Wilson Center Chair in Canada-U.S. relations.
Sign up for the Canada Institute Newsletter
Experts & Staff
- David Biette // Director, Canada Institute
- Andrew Finn // Program Associate, Canada Institute
- Megan Geckle // Program Assistant, Canada Institute
- Kathryn Friedman // Global Fellow
- Wenran Jiang // Global Fellow
- Jacqueline Krikorian // Fulbright Visiting Research Chair in US-Canada Relations
- Nik Nanos // Global Fellow
- Vanessa Jarnes // Intern, Canada Institute
- Ryan Taylor // Intern, Canada Institute
- Stephanie Van den Berg // Intern, Canada Institute