According to a new poll conducted by Ipsos-Reid on behalf of the Canada Institute, public concern about energy shortages is widespread in both Canada and the United States.The poll was released today as the Canada Institute of The Woodrow Wilson Center launches a two- day public dialogue in Calgary examining cross-border Canada/U.S. relations with a particular focus on continental energy issues.
Click here to read all the Action Plan documents.
Canada Institute Occasional Paper No. 3
The Wilson Center's Canada Institute and the Canadian Centre for Energy Information co-hosted a program on "Discovering the Possibilities for North American Petroleum Production" in Washington, D.C. on October 17, 2005.
The Wilson Center's Global Energy Initiative (GEI) was featured in the Wilson Center Centerpoint. Along with other programs, the GEI explores energy costs, demand, resources, and environmental ramifications in countries around the world.
Brazil’s economic and political transformation and consequent impact on the western hemisphere and the world offer many valuable opportunities for Canada to strengthen its relations with this increasingly influential country, reinforce their mutual equality and understanding, and ultimately benefit the people and prosperity of both countries. In order to maximise these opportunities and realise their full benefit and potential now and in the future, Canada’s engagement with Brazil needs to intensify and, most importantly, needs to be strategic.
Sign up for the Canada Institute Newsletter
March 14, 2014 // 9:00am — 10:00am
"Merger of the Century: Why Canada and America Should Become One Country," A Conversation with Diane Francis
March 19, 2014 // 9:00am — 11:00am
Experts & Staff
- David Biette // Director, Canada Institute
- Andrew Finn // Program Associate, Canada Institute
- Megan Geckle // Program Assistant, Canada Institute
- Kathryn Friedman // Global Fellow
- Wenran Jiang // Global Fellow
- Jacqueline Krikorian // Fulbright Visiting Research Chair in US-Canada Relations
- Nik Nanos // Global Fellow
- Vanessa Jarnes // Intern, Canada Institute
- Ryan Taylor // Intern, Canada Institute
- Stephanie Van den Berg // Intern, Canada Institute