The latest addition to the NPIHP Working Paper series explores the history of the relationship between Soviet Union and China during the 1950s and 1960s as China sought to develop a nuclear weapon with Soviet scientific and technological assistance.
The Conversation between Wladyslaw Gomulka and Jozef Stalin on 14 November 1945 by Andrzej Werblan***The Polish Contribution to the Victory of the "Prague Coup" in February 1948 by Andrzej Paczkowski***Stalin as Editor: The Soviet Dictator's Secret Changes to the Polish Constitution of 1952 by Krzysztof Persak***
Cold War International History Project “e-Dossiers” present new and important accessions to the CWIHP Digital Archive. New documents are added to the Digital Archive and introduced by leading scholars of Cold War history, who provide background and context for this new archival evidence. The views expressed in these introductions are the authors’ own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Cold War International History Project. The e-Dossier series is made possible by generous support from the Blavatnik Family Foundation.
CWIHP is pleased to welcome Wilson Center Public Policy Scholar Shen Zhihua. His project is entitled "Uncertain Partners: A History of Sino-DPRK Relations, 1949-1992."
CWIHP Working Paper No. 43
Previously secret documents show that Canadian intelligence uncovered Israel purchases of yellowcake from Argentina between 1963-1964.
Subscribe to CWIHP News
Experts & Staff
- Christian F. Ostermann // Director, History and Public Policy Program; Global Europe; Cold War International History Project; North Korea Documentation Project; Nuclear Proliferation International History Project
- James Person // Senior Program Associate
- Laura Deal // Catalog Specialist
- Pieter Biersteker // Editorial Assistant
- Charles Kraus // Program Assistant
- Evan Pikulski // Program Assistant