NKIDP e-Dossier No. 8, "New East German and Soviet Evidence on North Korean Support to South Korean Political Parties and Labor Unions," is introduced by James F. Person and includes two translated German and Russian documents from 1960 which provide evidence of North Korean political and material support to South Korean political parties, labor unions, and student groups.
On June 5, author Thomas Alan Schwartz will discuss his latest book, Lyndon Johnson and Europe: In the Shadow of Vietnam, where he attempts to revise the perception of LBJ as the "ugly american" and instead suggests that LBJ's conduct of diplomacy in Europe deserves recognition as one of the most important achievements of his presidency.
CWIHP Working Paper No. 24
Sixty years ago this week, the 1950-53 Korean War ended in an armistice, with neither side legitimately able to claim outright victory. NKIDP has released a collection of Russian, Chinese, and Polish documents on the armistice negotiations which span the nearly two-year period of talks.
Subscribe to CWIHP News
Experts & Staff
- Christian F. Ostermann // Director, History and Public Policy Program; Global Europe; Cold War International History Project; North Korea Documentation Project; Nuclear Proliferation International History Project
- James Person // Senior Program Associate
- Laura Deal // Catalog Specialist
- Pieter Biersteker // Editorial Assistant
- Charles Kraus // Program Assistant
- Evan Pikulski // Program Assistant