In Memoriam: Deng Xiaoping and the Cold War by David Wolff ***"Look What Chaos in the Beautiful Socialist Camp!" Deng Xiaoping and the Sino-Soviet Split, 1956-1963 by Vladislav Zubok ***Deng Xiaoping, Mao's "Continuous Revolution,"and the Path toward the Sino-Soviet Split by CHEN Jian***Deng Xiaoping's Talks with the Soviet Ambassador and Leadership, 1957-1963***
Check here for information on interning with CWIHP!
CWIHP Working Paper No. 69 presents new archival evidence on hockey’s role in the turbulent Soviet-Czechoslovak relationship in the period surrounding the Moscow-led Warsaw Pact invasion of Czechoslovakia in August 1968.
Sergey Radchenko writes in Foreign Policy on Mao and Stalin’s first awkward meeting and what it tells us about Xi Jinping’s confident trip this week to see Vladimir Putin.
After Leaning to One Side traces the rise and fall of the Sino-Soviet alliance between 1949 and 1973, emphasizing tension over the Korean and Vietnam wars.
European Studies is pleased to welcome summer research scholar Piotr Kosicki, who will be in residence at the Center until June 30, 2012 working on a project titled, “Between Catechism and Revolution: Poland, Socialism, and Catholic Politics, 1878-1991.”
01/01/03--CWIHP-partner "Association Diplomatie et Stratégie" (Paris) to hold conference on the Vietnam War in January 2003.
CWIHP Working Paper No. 40
Subscribe to CWIHP News
Experts & Staff
- Christian F. Ostermann // Director, History and Public Policy Program; Global Europe; Cold War International History Project; North Korea Documentation Project; Nuclear Proliferation International History Project
- James Person // Senior Program Associate
- Laura Deal // Catalog Specialist
- Pieter Biersteker // Editorial Assistant
- Charles Kraus // Program Assistant
- Evan Pikulski // Program Assistant