November 05, 2003 // 1:00pm — 3:30pm
Speakers will include:Talib Saidbaev, Advisor to the Head Mufti, Spiritual Administration of Muslims of Russia; Robert Crews, Assistant Professor, Department of History, Stanford University, and former Title VIII-supported Research Scholar, Kennan Institute; John Dunlop, Senior Fellow, Hoover Institution; Aleksei Malashenko, Deputy Director, Carnegie Moscow Center
November 03, 2003 // 11:00am — 12:00pm
Anne Applebaum, columnist, Washington Post
October 27, 2003 // 11:00am — 12:00pm
John Brown, Research Associate, Institute for the Study of Diplomacy
October 23, 2003 // 3:30pm — 5:30pm
Arthur George, Partner, Baker & McKenzie, Chicago, and author, St. Petersburg: Russia's Window to the Future - The First Three CenturiesTo read more about St. Petersburg: Russia's Window to the Future -- The First Three Centuries or to order this book, click here.
October 20, 2003 // 12:00pm — 1:00pm
Willard Sunderland, Associate Professor, Department of History, University of Cincinnati, and former Title VIII-Supported Research Scholar, Kennan Institute
October 16, 2003 // 4:00pm — 5:00pm
Jan Kalicki, Public Policy Scholar, Woodrow Wilson Center; Eugene Lawson, President, U.S.-Russia Business CouncilTo read more about Russian-Eurasian Renaissance? U.S. Trade and Investment in Russia and Eurasia or to order this book, click here.
October 14, 2003 // 12:00pm — 1:00pm
Andrew Meier, Contributor, Time Europe, and former Fellow, Woodrow Wilson CenterTo read more about Black Earth: A Journey through Russia after the Fall or to order this book, click here.
October 10, 2003 // 5:30pm — 8:00pm
Andrei Malaev-Babel, Producing Artistic Director, Stanislavsky Theater Studio (STS); Sarah Kane Artistic Associate, STS, and Vice-President, MICHA (Michael Chekhov Association), New York. A performance by the STS will follow the lecture.
October 09, 2003 // 3:30pm — 5:30pm
Yurii Pakhomov, Academician and Head of Economic Section, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, KyivCANCELLED
October 06, 2003 // 12:00pm — 1:00pm
Masha Lipman, Editor, Pro et Contra, Carnegie Moscow Center
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Izabella Tabarovsky // Manager for Regional Engagement
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Emma Dorst // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute
- Kateryna Smagliy // Director, Kennan Institute in Ukraine
- Nina Rozhanovskaya // Coordinator and Academic Liaison in Russia