Washington, D.C.: Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; Kennan Institute Occasional Papers Series #279, 2001. PDF 11 pages.
Washington, D.C.: Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; Kennan Institute Occasional Paper Series #117, 1980. PDF 40 pages.
Ukraine is on the verge of spinning out of control. A pro-European protest that began more than two months ago in Kiev’s central square has flared into broad, angry opposition to the authoritarian policies of President Viktor F. Yanukovych. If the United States and European Union wish to encourage a peaceful resolution, they must use their leverage now. Otherwise the situation could degenerate further, to the point where the West will be no more than a spectator.
Contact the Kennan Institute
- Fulbright-Kennan Institute Research Scholarships
- Kennan Institute Title VIII-Supported Short-Term Grant
- Kennan Institute Title VIII-Supported Summer Research Scholarships
- Internships with the Kennan Institute
- Galina Starovoitova Fellowship on Human Rights and Conflict Resolution
- Program Associate- Kennan Institute
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute