After 18 years of ambivalence, delays, and false starts, Russia and Georgia have reached an agreement that paves the way for Russian membership in the World Trade Organization. The Wilson Center's William Pomeranz on the implications of Russia's entry into the global trade group.
On November 2, 2013, President of Russia Vladimir Putin met with President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev in Yekaterinburg at the tenth annual Forum on Interregional Cooperation. In the presence of journalists, they disputed, with unexpected severity, which country had supplied more goods and invested more within the framework of the Customs Union.
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute