Edited by F. Joseph Dresen Washington, D.C.: Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; Kennan Institute Occasional Paper Series #300, 2008. PDF 39 pages.
The Wilson Center’s Kennan Institute launched the Solzhenitsyn Initiative to translate major works by Nobel Laureate Alexandr Solzhenitsyn (1918-2007) for the first time into English. Titles to be translated include The Little Grain, Solzhenitsyn’s autobiography during his years living in the United States, and The Red Wheel, Solzhenitsyn’s partially-translated history of Russia during World War I and leading into the Bolshevik Revolution.
Contact the Kennan Institute
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute