"I tend to think this is an exceptionally dangerous situation for the simple reason that the Russian message 'Take us seriously or else' has never received a satisfactory answer," said Matthew Rojansky on Russia's annexation of Crimea.
Washington, D.C.: Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; Kennan Institute Occasional Paper Series #35, 1978. PDF 47 pages.
Contact the Kennan Institute
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute