The Kennan Institute continues to monitor developments in Russia and Ukraine with growing concern. We wish to express our sincere desire that a peaceful resolution can be found before the situation escalates beyond the control of all parties involved.
On Wednesday, October 27, 2010, the Woodrow Wilson Center's Kennan Institute honored Piotr Galitzine, Chairman, TMK IPSCO, and the late Sarah Carey, former Chair, Eurasia Foundation at the Kathryn and Shelby Cullom Davis Awards Dinner to benefit the Center's Kennan Institute.
Washington, D.C.: Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; Kennan Institute Occasional Paper Series #6, 1977. PDF 58 pages.
Forbes dubbed Russian President Vladimir Putin the most powerful man in the world. Yet all these successes obscure a basic fact: Russia is running out of money, writes William Pomeranz.
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute