In 2002-2003, the Kennan Institute hosted a series of five seminars on Russian influences on American sport, dance, music, theater, and film. This publication reviews the events of the Culture/Kultura series. It contains a general overview of Russian influences on American culture, together with summaries and images from each of the five events in the series.
The response of the West should be to use our own comparative strength against Russia’s weakness, writes Jane Harman.
Contact the Kennan Institute
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute