William Pomeranz discussed Russian aggression against Ukraine on Bloomberg TV's "Street Smart" with Bloomberg Contributing Editor Richard Falkenrath. "Putin has made a political and military calculation and he believes that in the short term, he can handle these sorts of economic declines," Pomeranz said.
The Kennan Institute U.S. Alumni Series aims to highlight the latest research by former Kennan Institute scholars who have received support from the Title VIII program. Throughout the academic year, speakers from various disciplines, including political science, anthropology, sociology, and history, will present findings from their recent articles and books.
Contact the Kennan Institute
- Fulbright-Kennan Institute Research Scholarships
- Kennan Institute Title VIII-Supported Short-Term Grant
- Kennan Institute Title VIII-Supported Summer Research Scholarships
- Internships with the Kennan Institute
- Galina Starovoitova Fellowship on Human Rights and Conflict Resolution
- Program Associate- Kennan Institute
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute