This conference on September 30-October 1, 2003, will present the early results of the work of the recently-established Russian Centers for Advanced Study and Education (CASEs) to members of the academic and policy communities in the U.S. The conference will feature remarks by: Dan Davidson, President, ACTR/ACCELS; Mikhail Strikhanov, Deputy Minister of Education of the Russian Federation; Vartan Gregorian, President, Carnegie Corporation of New York; Robert Huber, President, NCEER; Andrei Kortunov, President, ISE-Center, Moscow; Lee H. Hamilton, Director, Woodrow Wilson Center; Angela Stent, Professor, Georgetown; Stephen Kotkin, Professor, Princeton University
Washington, D.C.: Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; Kennan Institute Occasional Paper Series #106, 1980. PDF 28 pages.
The upcoming Sochi Olympics prompted President Vladimir Putin to clear the decks of the country’s most prominent – and troubling – political cases, bringing renewed focus on the Russian judicial system. On the 20th anniversary of the Russian constitution, William Pomeranz and Matthew Rojansky issue a rule of law report card for the Russian Federation.
Contact the Kennan Institute
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute