The Kennan Institute is pleased to bring to your attention the U.S.-Russia Business Council's 19th Annual Meeting, "Russia on the Cusp,” which will take place in downtown Chicago, kicking off with a Gala Dinner on Monday, October 3, at the Art Institute of Chicago and the Conference Program on Tuesday and Wednesday, October 4-5 at the Swissotel.
The political use of history is detrimental not only to history or historiography in Russia, but also to the Russian people, to the future of Russia, and to the national identity. This idea that we are great, we are brilliant, we are the best in everything, etc. is not good...
Washington, D.C.: Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; Kennan Institute Occasional Paper Series #56, 1978. PDF 38 pages.
In this Point of View column, the Kennan Institute's Margaret Paxson discusses the impact of culture on politics at all levels and in building community. "When we come together in admiration of the arts of peoples from around the world, we make real strides toward mutual understanding..."
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Director, Global Sustainability and Resilience Program, and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute