September 14, 2006 // 12:00pm — 1:30pm
Shahram Chubin, Director of Studies at the Geneva Centre for Security Policy
September 07, 2006 // 11:30am — 12:30pm
with Sarah Chayes, formerly National Public Radio reporter
July 27, 2006 // 12:00pm — 1:30pm
Professor Saleh Al-Mani, Dean of the College of Administrative Sciences and Political Science Professor at King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
June 26, 2006 // 8:00am — 1:00pm
This event was cosponsored with the National Defense University's Institute for National Strategic Studies.
June 21, 2006 // 12:00pm — 1:00pm
Magda Gohar-Chrobog, President, Managing Global Communications LLC
June 07, 2006 // 8:30am — 12:00pm
The Woodrow Wilson Center hosted a conference about the challenges of fostering effective cooperation between military and civilian actors in stabilization and reconstruction operations.
May 10, 2006 // 8:30am — 1:00pm
Politics and diplomacy are intertwined now more than ever in the ongoing search for Arab-Israeli peace. Following Hamas' political victory and the results of the Israeli election in March, this conference will examine Palestinian and Israeli politics and their impact on the peace process.
May 08, 2006 // 3:00pm — 5:00pm
Five mayors from municipalities along the Jordan River and Dead Sea, as well as representatives from Friends of the Earth Middle East, explore ways to use cross-border water and sanitation cooperation to restore the region's vitality and to build literal and metaphorical bridges.
May 05, 2006 // 2:00pm — 4:00pm
This event, cosponsored with the Initiative for Inclusive Security, featured members of the International Women's Commission for a Just and Sustainable Palestinian-Israeli Peace.
May 01, 2006 // 8:30am — 3:00pm
In this conference, speakers discussed progress toward the empowerment of women in the Middle East and North Africa. The first panel examined the status of women in a select number of countries in the region, focusing on women's rights and civil society, and examining developments in women's political participation and legal rights. The second panel focused on the experiences of women in peacebuilding and conflict resolution.
October 31, 2014 // 9:00am — 10:00am
October 31, 2014 // 10:00am — 11:30am
November 04, 2014 // 12:00pm — 1:00pm
Experts & Staff
- Haleh Esfandiari // Director, Middle East Program
- Kendra Heideman // Program Associate
- Julia Romano // Program Assistant
- Margot Badran // Senior Scholar
- Jason Brodsky // Policy Advisor to the Director, President and CEO and Research Associate
- Roya Hakakian // Fellow
- Lilia Labidi // Fellow
- Aaron David Miller // Vice President for New Initiatives and Distinguished Scholar
- William Green Miller // Senior Scholar
- Amal Mudallali // Senior Scholar
- David Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Marina Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Joseph Sassoon // Fellow
- Abdulkader Sinno // Fellow
- Robert Worth // Public Policy Scholar
- Robin Wright // USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar