June 07, 2006 // 8:30am — 12:00pm
The Woodrow Wilson Center hosted a conference about the challenges of fostering effective cooperation between military and civilian actors in stabilization and reconstruction operations.
May 10, 2006 // 8:30am — 1:00pm
Politics and diplomacy are intertwined now more than ever in the ongoing search for Arab-Israeli peace. Following Hamas' political victory and the results of the Israeli election in March, this conference will examine Palestinian and Israeli politics and their impact on the peace process.
May 08, 2006 // 3:00pm — 5:00pm
Five mayors from municipalities along the Jordan River and Dead Sea, as well as representatives from Friends of the Earth Middle East, explore ways to use cross-border water and sanitation cooperation to restore the region's vitality and to build literal and metaphorical bridges.
May 05, 2006 // 2:00pm — 4:00pm
This event, cosponsored with the Initiative for Inclusive Security, featured members of the International Women's Commission for a Just and Sustainable Palestinian-Israeli Peace.
May 01, 2006 // 8:30am — 3:00pm
In this conference, speakers discussed progress toward the empowerment of women in the Middle East and North Africa. The first panel examined the status of women in a select number of countries in the region, focusing on women's rights and civil society, and examining developments in women's political participation and legal rights. The second panel focused on the experiences of women in peacebuilding and conflict resolution.
April 20, 2006 // 11:00am — 12:00pm
with His Excellency Fuad Abdul Basset Siniora, Prime Minister of Lebanon
April 18, 2006 // 12:00am
with Kim Cragin, International Policy Analyst, RAND Corporation
April 11, 2006 // 9:30am — 10:30am
Yahia Said, Director, Iraq Revenue Watch Initiative, Open Society Institute; Research Fellow, Centre for the Study of Global Governance, London School of Economics
April 03, 2006 // 4:00pm — 5:30pm
P.R. Kumaraswamy, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
March 27, 2006 // 9:30am — 11:00am
with Malcom Evans, Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Law, and Professor of Public International Law at the University of Bristol, School of Law
Experts & Staff
- Haleh Esfandiari // Director, Middle East Program
- Kendra Heideman // Program Associate
- Julia Romano // Program Assistant
- Ismail Alexandrani // Visiting Arab Journalist
- Margot Badran // Senior Scholar
- Jason Brodsky // Policy Advisor to the Director, President and CEO and Research Associate
- Jeffrey Goldberg // Distinguished Fellow
- Roya Hakakian // Fellow
- Lilia Labidi // Fellow
- Aaron David Miller // Vice President for New Initiatives and Distinguished Scholar
- William Green Miller // Senior Scholar
- Amal Mudallali // Senior Scholar
- David Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Marina Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Max Rodenbeck // Fellow
- Joseph Sassoon // Fellow
- Abdulkader Sinno // Fellow
- Samir Sumaida’ie // Public Policy Scholar
- Robert Worth // Public Policy Scholar
- Robin Wright // USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar