November 09, 2004 // 7:30am — 3:00pm
Participants included: David Albright, President, Institute for Science and International Security; Shahram Chubin, Director of Research, Geneva Centre for Security Policy; Larry Diamond, Senior Fellow, Hoover Institution (chair); Robert Einhorn, Senior Adviser, International Security Program, Center for Strategic and International Studies; Haleh Esfandiari, Director, Middle East Program, Woodrow Wilson Center (chair); Geoffrey Kemp, Director of Regional Strategic Programs, The Nixon Center; Robert Litwak, Director, Division of International Studies, Woodrow Wilson Center (chair); Michael McFaul, Senior Fellow, Hoover Institution (commentator); Najmeddin Meshkati, Professor of Engineering, University of Southern California; Abbas Milani, Research Fellow, Hoover Institution & Visiting Professor of Political Science, Stanford University; andHenry Sokolski, Executive Director, Nonproliferation Policy Education Center.
November 08, 2004 // 11:00am — 12:00pm
Richard Bulliet, Professor of History, Columbia University
November 04, 2004 // 11:00pm
At the third meeting in the Islam, Gender, and Reproductive Health series, Dr. Gruenbaum discusses community-based efforts to change attitudes toward female genital cutting in Sudan, and Dr. Inhorn focuses on the impact of Islamic teachings on the spread of infertility technologies.
October 21, 2004 // 11:00am — 12:00pm
with H.E. Daniel Ayalon, Ambassador of Israel to the United States. This event will be webcast.
October 18, 2004 // 12:00pm — 1:00pm
Baquer Namazi, Director, Hamyaran NGO, Tehran, Iran
October 14, 2004 // 9:30am — 11:00am
Venue: Center for Strategic and International Studies, 1800 K Street NW, B-1 Conference Room.Sudanese Women Leaders (TBD); Carla Koppell, Deputy Director, Washington Office, Hunt Alternatives Fund; Rick Barton, Co-Director, Post-Conflict Reconstruction Project, CSIS
October 13, 2004 // 12:00pm — 1:00pm
Shireen Hunter, Director, Islam Program, Center for Strategic and International Studies
October 04, 2004 // 12:00pm — 1:30pm
Cyberspace as Subversive Space for Women?: Women's Websites and Weblogs in Iran -- Mahsa Shekarloo, Editor of Bad Jens, Iranian Feminist Online Journal; Commentator -- Sussan Tahmasebi, Iran CSO (Civil Society Organization) Training and Research Center, Tehran.This event is co-sponsored with The Institute for National Strategic Studies, National Defense University.
October 04, 2004 // 12:00am
The second meeting in the Islam, Gender, and Reproductive Health conference series focuses on how religion and policy affect and address the reproductive health needs of women in Islamic settings.
September 30, 2004 // 12:00pm — 1:00pm
Cheryl Benard, Senior Political Analyst, RAND Corporation
Experts & Staff
- Haleh Esfandiari // Director, Middle East Program
- Kendra Heideman // Program Associate
- Julia Romano // Program Assistant
- Ismail Alexandrani // Visiting Arab Journalist
- Margot Badran // Senior Scholar
- Jason Brodsky // Policy Advisor to the Director, President and CEO and Research Associate
- Jeffrey Goldberg // Distinguished Fellow
- Roya Hakakian // Fellow
- Lilia Labidi // Fellow
- Aaron David Miller // Vice President for New Initiatives and Distinguished Scholar
- William Green Miller // Senior Scholar
- Amal Mudallali // Senior Scholar
- David Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Marina Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Max Rodenbeck // Fellow
- Joseph Sassoon // Fellow
- Abdulkader Sinno // Fellow
- Samir Sumaida’ie // Public Policy Scholar
- Robert Worth // Public Policy Scholar
- Robin Wright // USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar