Is John Kerry quietly on the cusp of a Israel-Palestine peace talks breakthrough? Aaron Miller writes that while the odds of success are long, there is reason to believe.
After taking over the presidential office in early August, President-elect Hassan Rouhani will face a long host of economic challenges. He has made the economy—especially tackling unemployment—his highest priority, but it is clear that the process of reversing the negative trends of the past few years will be a medium-term process. This brief will discuss the challenges as well as the approaches of the emerging Rouhani government in the field of economy.
Below are pieces from current and former Wilson Center experts available on the Iran Primer blog website at http://iranprimer.usip.org/blog.
Jane Harman joins a panel on MSNBC’s Morning Joe to discuss the U.S. position on Syria in the context of reports of chemical weapons use and the 10-year anniversary of the Iraq War.
Director Jane Harman discusses the escalating violence between Israel and the Palestinians and the immigration crisis on CBS News' Talk of the Nation with Gerald Seib, Danielle Pletka, and Nia-Malika Henderson.
Former Wilson Center Public Policy Ion Ratiu Scholar Nabeel Rajab wins the Advocacy Award from Index on Censorship
With the adoption of a new constitution in January 2004 and elections slated for September 2004, Afghanistan stands at a critical turning point in its political development. This Special Report examines the challenges facing Afghanistan in its quest for democracy and stability.
James Zogby and guests highlight recent polling of Arab and Muslim opinion on Iran and delves into that nation’s declining popularity among citizens around the Middle East.
An exhibition at the Wilson Center from October 23 - November 21, 2003 of 22 color photographs by photojournalist Mary Cross, selected from her book, Morocco: Sahara to the Sea, Abbeyville Press, 1995.
The Iran Primer Blog
The Islamists Are Coming
Experts & Staff
- Haleh Esfandiari // Director, Middle East Program
- Mona Youssef // Program Associate
- Kendra Heideman // Program Assistant
- Michael Adler // Public Policy Scholar
- Margot Badran // Senior Scholar
- Shlomi Eldar // Fellow
- Aaron David Miller // Vice President for New Initiatives and Distinguished Scholar
- William Green Miller // Senior Scholar
- Amal Mudallali // Senior Scholar
- David Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Marina Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Emad El-Din Shahin // Public Policy Scholar
- Joby Warrick // Public Policy Scholar
- Robert Worth // Public Policy Scholar
- Robin Wright // USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar