Lebanon is finally getting Washington’s attention after spending the last four years languishing on the back burner. The Lebanese are now hopeful that maybe the days when Lebanon was a priority in Washington are upon them once again.
Transcript for a panel discussion on the challenges of researching and writing on recent Middle East history.
The Obama administration is stepping up support for rebels in Syria’s civil war. Distinguished Scholar Robin Wright discusses U.S. leverage in Syria and America's role in the Middle East on the Diane Rehm Show.
In this conference, speakers discussed progress toward the empowerment of women in the Middle East and North Africa. The first panel examined the status of women in a select number of countries in the region, focusing on women's rights and civil society, and examining developments in women's political participation and legal rights. The second panel focused on the experiences of women in peacebuilding and conflict resolution.
Calm has been restored for now, but Iran’s economic problems have not gone away just because protesters have left the streets of Tehran. Iranian businessman and observer Bijan Khajehpour provides insight into the nature and depth of Iran’s economic problems and where it all might lead.
The UN nuclear watchdog the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) issued today a long expected report on Iran and another on Syria. Public Policy Scholar Michael Adler comments on the reports.
Former interim Libyan Prime Minister Mahmoud Jibril gives an exclusive interview to former Wilson Center Public Policy Scholar Barbara Slavin in Al Monitor.
The Iran Primer Blog
The Islamists Are Coming
August 25, 2014 // 2:00pm — 4:00pm
Turkey’s Presidential Elections 2014 - What do they mean for Turkey’s democratization process, the Kurdish question and Turkey’s foreign policy?
September 11, 2014 // 12:00pm — 2:00pm
Experts & Staff
- Haleh Esfandiari // Director, Middle East Program
- Kendra Heideman // Program Associate
- Michael Adler // Public Policy Scholar
- Margot Badran // Senior Scholar
- Jason Brodsky // Policy Advisor to the Director, President and CEO and Research Associate
- Aaron David Miller // Vice President for New Initiatives and Distinguished Scholar
- William Green Miller // Senior Scholar
- Amal Mudallali // Senior Scholar
- David Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Marina Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Emad El-Din Shahin // Public Policy Scholar
- Joby Warrick // Public Policy Scholar
- Robert Worth // Public Policy Scholar
- Robin Wright // USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar