The new Middle East Program monograph "Iran's Nuclear Chess: Calculating America's Moves" by Robert Litwak, vice president for scholars and director of international security studies at the Wilson Center, addresses the nuclear negotiations between the P5+1 and Iran and the implications for U.S. policy toward Iran.
James Zogby and guests highlight recent polling of Arab and Muslim opinion on Iran and delves into that nation’s declining popularity among citizens around the Middle East.
Jane Harman discusses the Egyptian Supreme Court’s decision to dissolve the country’s lower house of parliament and the second round of Egyptian Presidential elections on Fox News Live.
Middle East Program Director Haleh Esfandiari chronicles her interrogation and incarceration in Iran, including 105 days in solitary confinement at Evin Prison, in My Prison, My Home. The new book is set against the backdrop of fond memories of her Iranian upbringing, with insights into the current troubled political climate.
Nabil Rajab, recipient of the 2011 Ion Ratiu Democracy Award, says Bahraini people will continue to fight for human rights despite government intimidation. After ten months of government crackdown "people are back to the streets and are committed to the struggle until they achieve their goal."
"In Syria, there are no good options, American credibility is at stake, and the pressures to act are considerable in the face of great uncertainties," writes Aaron David Miller in Salon.com.
On the occasion of the second anniversary of the Arab Spring, the Middle East Program (MEP) invited a group of experts from the region, Europe, and the United States to contribute to this publication by answering the question, “Has the Arab Spring Lived Up to Expectations?”
The Iran Primer Blog
The Islamists Are Coming
August 25, 2014 // 2:00pm — 4:00pm
Turkey’s Presidential Elections 2014 - What do they mean for Turkey’s democratization process, the Kurdish question and Turkey’s foreign policy?
September 11, 2014 // 12:00pm — 2:00pm
Experts & Staff
- Haleh Esfandiari // Director, Middle East Program
- Kendra Heideman // Program Associate
- Michael Adler // Public Policy Scholar
- Margot Badran // Senior Scholar
- Jason Brodsky // Policy Advisor to the Director, President and CEO and Research Associate
- Aaron David Miller // Vice President for New Initiatives and Distinguished Scholar
- William Green Miller // Senior Scholar
- Amal Mudallali // Senior Scholar
- David Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Marina Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Emad El-Din Shahin // Public Policy Scholar
- Joby Warrick // Public Policy Scholar
- Robert Worth // Public Policy Scholar
- Robin Wright // USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar