On Wednesday, September 28, His Royal Highness Prince El Hassan Bin Talal of Jordan will deliver a speech at the Wilson Center titled "Religion, Globalization, and Democracy." RSVP for this event.
Jane Harman joins a panel on MSNBC’s Morning Joe to discuss the U.S. position on Syria in the context of reports of chemical weapons use and the 10-year anniversary of the Iraq War.
2011 Ion Ratiu Democracy Award Winner Nabeel Rajab was told by security personnel at the Cairo International Airport that he is banned from entering Egypt.
The Woodrow Wilson Center's Middle East Program Director, Haleh Esfandiari, was honored in recognition of her outstanding and inspirational work. She, along with Saad Eddin Ibrahim, a former Public Policy Scholar at the Wilson Center, were among the first three recipients of the "Leader for Democracy" award given by the Project on Middle East Democracy (POMED).
In this interview, Distinguished Scholar Robin Wright and former scholar David Sanger both agree that a nuclear deal with Iran could be imminent. “Iran needs a deal like never before,” said Robin Wright. “I would be surprised if we don’t get a deal.”
James Zogby and guests highlight recent polling of Arab and Muslim opinion on Iran and delves into that nation’s declining popularity among citizens around the Middle East.
Former interim Libyan Prime Minister Mahmoud Jibril gives an exclusive interview to former Wilson Center Public Policy Scholar Barbara Slavin in Al Monitor.
The Iran Primer Blog
The Islamists Are Coming
Experts & Staff
- Haleh Esfandiari // Director, Middle East Program
- Mona Youssef // Program Associate
- Kendra Heideman // Program Assistant
- Michael Adler // Public Policy Scholar
- Margot Badran // Senior Scholar
- Shlomi Eldar // Fellow
- Aaron David Miller // Vice President for New Initiatives and Distinguished Scholar
- William Green Miller // Senior Scholar
- Amal Mudallali // Senior Scholar
- David Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Marina Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Emad El-Din Shahin // Public Policy Scholar
- Joby Warrick // Public Policy Scholar
- Robert Worth // Public Policy Scholar
- Robin Wright // USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar