Director Jane Harman discusses the escalating violence between Israel and the Palestinians and the immigration crisis on CBS News' Talk of the Nation with Gerald Seib, Danielle Pletka, and Nia-Malika Henderson.
The Middle East Program and the Global Women’s Leadership Initiative at the Wilson Center hosted a two-panel discussion on “MENA Women in the Reformist Process: A Retrospective,” the first of which focused on women’s political participation and the second focusing on economic reforms and social change.
Marina Ottaway comments on President Obama's speech to Congress making his case for military action against Syria.
President Obama is now faced with a dilemma: Defending his red line could undermine his carefully crafted strategy of steering clear of direct military involvement in the Syria crisis. Aaron David Miller notes several points the president should keep in mind as he grapples with this conundrum.
Gridlock: Labor, Migration, and Human Trafficking in Dubai by Pardis Mahdavi, former Wilson Center Fellow and Assistant Professor of Anthropology at Pomona College, was just released.
"Iran's Nuclear Chess: Calculating America's Moves"
In this publication, based on papers presented at a conference on October 2, 2012 at the Wilson Center, the younger, up-and-coming generation in the MENA region describe the current situation on the ground for women and the strategies they can use to organize themselves and move forward in the post-revolutionary phase.
The signs don't look good for meaningful progress, let alone breakthrough, writes Aaron David Miller about the Israel-Palestine negotiations.
“Significant differences remain,” yet recent talks between major world powers and Tehran have at least set the stage for a second and hopefully more productive meeting slated for mid-June in Moscow. Both sides “want to make progress, and there is some common ground,” European foreign-policy representative Catherine Ashton said, following no agreement last week in Baghdad.
The Iran Primer Blog
The Islamists Are Coming
August 25, 2014 // 2:00pm — 4:00pm
Turkey’s Presidential Elections 2014 - What do they mean for Turkey’s democratization process, the Kurdish question and Turkey’s foreign policy?
September 11, 2014 // 12:00pm — 2:00pm
Experts & Staff
- Haleh Esfandiari // Director, Middle East Program
- Kendra Heideman // Program Associate
- Michael Adler // Public Policy Scholar
- Margot Badran // Senior Scholar
- Jason Brodsky // Policy Advisor to the Director, President and CEO and Research Associate
- Aaron David Miller // Vice President for New Initiatives and Distinguished Scholar
- William Green Miller // Senior Scholar
- Amal Mudallali // Senior Scholar
- David Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Marina Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Emad El-Din Shahin // Public Policy Scholar
- Joby Warrick // Public Policy Scholar
- Robert Worth // Public Policy Scholar
- Robin Wright // USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar