Aimed at building a new generation of experts on the international history of nuclear weapons, the fourth-annual Nuclear History Boot Camp will be hosted by the University of Roma Tre and the Machiavelli Center for Cold War Studies (CIMA) in the village of Allumiere near Rome, Italy for ten days beginning in mid May 2014.
Brazil's nuclear program in the 1970s faced opposition from the US as the Carter administration sought to make nuclear non-proliferation a top priority, according to new documents released by Fundacao Getulio Vargas.
The US intelligence community predicted India’s nuclear bomb in 1964 but mistakenly concluded Israel had “not yet decided” to go nuclear, according to newly declassified documents posted today by the National Security Archive and the Nuclear Proliferation International History Project.
The Nuclear Proliferation International History Project is pleased to announce its first document reader, produced in collaboration with the Cold War International History Project and entitled The Euromissiles Crisis and the End of the Cold War: 1977-1987.
NPIHP Partners the Department of Contemporary History/University of Vienna and the Machiavelli Center for Cold War Studies (CIMA) hosted the first Erasmus Intensive Program on "Atoms for EUrope."
The Nuclear Proliferation International History Project is please to announce the participants of the 2013 Nuclear Boot Camp in Allumiere, Italy, 26 June - 6 July 2013.
Subscribe to NPIHP News
Experts & Staff
- Christian F. Ostermann // Director, History and Public Policy Program; Global Europe; Cold War International History Project; North Korea Documentation Project; Nuclear Proliferation International History Project
- Leopoldo Nuti // Co-Director, Nuclear Proliferation International History Project; Public Policy Scholar
- Evan Pikulski // Program Assistant
- CIMA—Machiavelli Center for Cold War Studies
- Department of Contemporary History/University of Vienna
- East China Normal University—Center for Cold War International History Studies
- ETH Zurich—Center for Security Studies
- Fundacao Getulio Vargas—Center for the Documentation of the Contemporary History of Brazil
- Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses
- Interdisciplinary Center Herzilya
- James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies
- Monash South Africa
- The National Security Archive
- The University of Texas at Austin’s Robert S. Strauss Center for International Security and Law
- Global Insecurities Centre, University of Bristol
- Stockholm University Graduate School of International Studies Stockholm University