"I tend to think this is an exceptionally dangerous situation for the simple reason that the Russian message 'Take us seriously or else' has never received a satisfactory answer," said Matthew Rojansky on Russia's annexation of Crimea.
Listening to the rhetoric surrounding Russia’s move on Crimea, you might think the Cold War never ended. Why did Putin make this move and is there more in store? And how significant is the damage done to Russia’s relationships around the world? Kennan Institute’s Matt Rojansky offers insight into the situation during this episode of Wilson Center NOW.
April 29, 2014 // 4:00pm — 5:00pm
May 02, 2014 // 10:00am — 12:00pm
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute