As Secretary of State John Kerry implores an end to the current crisis in the Middle East, violence continues in the region. Jane Harman joins NOW With Alex Wagner to discuss on MSNBC.
On the eve of the latest deadline for a potential deal with Iran over its nuclear program, Robert Litwak has authored an insightful study that considers the technical and political contexts for a possible resolution. He identifies a core question --- Is Iran a “revolutionary state” or an “ordinary country”?
Director Jane Harman discusses the escalating violence between Israel and the Palestinians and the immigration crisis on CBS News' Talk of the Nation with Gerald Seib, Danielle Pletka, and Nia-Malika Henderson.
Director Jane Harman joins NBC News’ Martin Fletcher on Morning Joe to discuss the latest crisis in Israel and Gaza, as Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu puts further pressure on militants.
Wilson Center Scholar Robin Wright, David Ignatius, Tavis Smiley and CBS News Political Director John Dickerson discuss Secretary of State John Kerry's trip to push the Middle East to address the instability in Iraq.
Jane Harman discusses possible U.S. response to militants advances in Iraq on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace.
Robert Ford, America’s recently retired ambassador to Syria, shares his thoughts on the use of force, the prospects for a diplomatic solution, and the possibility of collaborating with Iran during a candid discussion of the ongoing violence with Syria.
The Middle East continues to be a region in turmoil. From civil war in Syria to ongoing attempts to resolve disagreements over Iran’s nuclear program, there is no shortage of strategic challenges. Yuval Steinitz, Israel’s Minister of Intelligence, Strategic Affairs, and International Relations, discusses these and other issues with the Wilson Center’s Director, President, and CEO, Jane Harman, during this episode of REWIND.
Former senior national security officials, military officers, and experts with decades of Middle East experience present a balanced report on the strategic options for dealing with Iran.
James Zogby and guests highlight recent polling of Arab and Muslim opinion on Iran and delves into that nation’s declining popularity among citizens around the Middle East.
The Iran Primer Blog
The Islamists Are Coming
August 25, 2014 // 2:00pm — 4:00pm
Turkey’s Presidential Elections 2014 - What do they mean for Turkey’s democratization process, the Kurdish question and Turkey’s foreign policy?
September 11, 2014 // 12:00pm — 2:00pm
Experts & Staff
- Haleh Esfandiari // Director, Middle East Program
- Kendra Heideman // Program Associate
- Michael Adler // Public Policy Scholar
- Margot Badran // Senior Scholar
- Jason Brodsky // Policy Advisor to the Director, President and CEO and Research Associate
- Aaron David Miller // Vice President for New Initiatives and Distinguished Scholar
- William Green Miller // Senior Scholar
- Amal Mudallali // Senior Scholar
- David Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Marina Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Emad El-Din Shahin // Public Policy Scholar
- Joby Warrick // Public Policy Scholar
- Robert Worth // Public Policy Scholar
- Robin Wright // USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar