The Canada Institute hosted the 2009 Woodrow Wilson Awards dinner in Toronto on March 2nd. The event honored AIDS activist and former politician Stephen Lewis for public service and Manulife CEO Dominic D'Alessandro for corporate citizenship. The Globe and Mail's Patricia Best gave an amusing report in her March 11, 2009 "Nobody's Business" column.
The Wilson Center's Canada Institute held a briefing for White House correspondents in advance of President Obama's first foreign visit to Canada on February 19. Public Policy Scholar Jodi White, Canada Institute Director David Biette and Canada Institute Advisory Board member Paul Frazer fielded questions on the topics to be discussed in Ottawa as well as the state of this important bi-lateral relationship.
The Canada Institute was recently awarded the Canadian Public Relations Society's (CPRS) Bronze Award of Excellence in the category of government relations for their ninth Cross-Border Forum on Energy Issues.
While the United States and Canada have different health and retirement systems, both potentially can learn from each other as they consider health sector and pension reforms.
The Wilson Center's Global Energy Initiative (GEI) was featured in the Wilson Center Centerpoint. Along with other programs, the GEI explores energy costs, demand, resources, and environmental ramifications in countries around the world.
Sign up for the Canada Institute Newsletter
Experts & Staff
- David Biette // Director, Canada Institute
- Andrew Finn // Program Associate, Canada Institute
- Megan Geckle // Program Assistant, Canada Institute
- Kathryn Friedman // Global Fellow
- Wenran Jiang // Global Fellow
- Jacqueline Krikorian // Fulbright Visiting Research Chair in US-Canada Relations
- Nik Nanos // Global Fellow
- Vanessa Jarnes // Intern, Canada Institute
- Ryan Taylor // Intern, Canada Institute
- Stephanie Van den Berg // Intern, Canada Institute