Short-Term Grants for Russians, Ukrainians, and other non-U.S. citizens (other than permanent residents) have been suspended until further notice.
Russia, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan were among the Eurasian nations experiencing steady economic growth when the global financial crisis hit, shaking the region's economic, social, and political structures. Their leaders are still grappling with how to respond.
Deadline for receipt of materials is now JULY 15, 2009 for Fulbright-Kennan Institute Research Scholarship applicants from Russia
Listen to his speech here
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Izabella Tabarovsky // Manager for Regional Engagement
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute
- Kateryna Smagliy // Director, Kennan Institute in Ukraine
- Yaroslav Pylynskyi // Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute in Ukraine
- Nataliya Samozvanova // Office Manager, Kennan Institute in Ukraine