Robin Wright spoke on a panel on MSNBC's Morning Joe about the nuclear deal reached with Iran over the weekend.
In this interview, Distinguished Scholar Robin Wright and former scholar David Sanger both agree that a nuclear deal with Iran could be imminent. “Iran needs a deal like never before,” said Robin Wright. “I would be surprised if we don’t get a deal.”
Public Policy Scholar Michael Adler interviewed IAEA Chief Yukiya Amano and reports in Breaking Defense that Iran’s recent slow down on its nuclear program could signal a readiness to create favorable conditions for a deal with the U.S.
There’s no doubt that American policy toward Egypt and the political turbulence in the Middle East has lacked direction, writes Aaron David Miller in The New York Times. Yet the Obama administration’s approach — working with, not against the military, and essentially giving up on any serious effort on democratic reform — is both logical and necessary.
"U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is on a roll," writes Aaron David Miller. But, he cautions, negotiations with Assad would be a bad move.
In this Context Q&A, former Israeli Chief Peace Negotiator Gilead Sher discussed the newest round of Israeli-Palestinian negotiations and the larger security picture in the region.
U.S. and Iranian officials are praising nuclear talks in Geneva this week as a key diplomatic success, but the problems that torpedoed previous efforts to win guarantees from Iran that it will not seek the bomb appear undiminished, writes Michael Adler on The Daily Beast.
Former Wilson Center public policy scholar Moushira Khattab on Egypt's decision to offer to host a regional office for the United Nations High Commission on Human Rights (OHCHR).
In this interview on The Takeaway, Middle East Program Director Haleh Esfandiari and Retired Air Force Colonel Dave Roeder discussed the way forward for Iran-U.S. relations.
The Obama administration's effort to negotiate a deal on the nuclear issue is going to be an unpredictable ride, but any deal will need to acknowledge the politics on both sides, writes Aaron David Miller.
The Iran Primer Blog
The Islamists Are Coming
Experts & Staff
- Haleh Esfandiari // Director, Middle East Program
- Mona Youssef // Program Associate
- Kendra Heideman // Program Assistant
- Michael Adler // Public Policy Scholar
- Margot Badran // Senior Scholar
- Shlomi Eldar // Fellow
- Aaron David Miller // Vice President for New Initiatives and Distinguished Scholar
- William Green Miller // Senior Scholar
- Amal Mudallali // Senior Scholar
- David Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Marina Ottaway // Senior Scholar
- Joby Warrick // Public Policy Scholar
- Robert Worth // Public Policy Scholar
- Robin Wright // USIP-Wilson Center Distinguished Scholar