Yong Kwon, a research assistant with the Wilson Center's North Korea International Documentation Project, recently published a piece on Asia Times Online.
From April 23 to 25, Wilson Center President Jane Harman was in Seoul, South Korea, at the invitation of Kyungnam University, which awarded her an honorary doctorate. While there, she met with Prime Minister Kim Hwang-Sik, Chairwoman of the Saenuri Party, Park Geun-hye, and Foreign Minister Kim Sung-Hwan.
The North Korea International Documentation Project is currently accepting internship applications for Summer 2012. The application Deadline is 31 March 2012
The Cold War International History Project is currently accepting internship applications for the Fall 2012 academic semester. Deadline to apply: 7/20
Public Policy Scholar Sangyoon Ma was interviewed by Korean televsion network JTBC about President Obama's meeting with Xi Jinping
NKIDP is pleased to welcome Korea Foundation Junior Scholar Yuree Kim to the Woodrow Wilson Center . Her project is entitled The Influence of External Factors on the Reform and Opening in China and North Korea.
NKIDP and CWIHP are pleased to welcome Wilson Center Korea Scholar Giwon Kwon. His project is entitled The History of Inter-Korean Relations from the Late 1940s to the Present.
CWIHP is pleased to announce new ECNU Scholar Youzhen Xu. Her project while at the center is entited "Behind the Deadlock: The U.S., the PRC, the U.K. and the Issue of the POWs during the Korean War." Youzhen will be in residence from December 2011 - March 2012.
The North Korea International Documentation Project and The Ohio State University are pleased to announce an upcoming conference entitled North Korea’s Cold War.
Fourth Annual European Summer School on Cold War History at the Università di Trento, 5-8 September 2012
Experts & Staff
- Christian F. Ostermann // Director, History and Public Policy Program; Global Europe; Cold War International History Project; North Korea Documentation Project; Nuclear Proliferation International History Project
- James Person // Deputy Director, History and Public Policy Program; Cold War International History Project; North Korea Documentation Project; Nuclear Proliferation International History Project
- Charles Kraus // Program Assistant
- Roy O. Kim // Program Assistant
- Jean H. Lee // Public Policy Fellow