Professor of Russian and Soviet History, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Elizabeth A. Wood is Professor of Russian and Soviet History at MIT. She has published two monographs in Soviet History, The Baba and the Comrade: Gender and Politics in Revolutionary Russia (Indiana University Press, 1997) and Performing Justice: Agitation Trials in Early Soviet Russia (Cornell University Press, 2005). At MIT serves as co-director of the MIT-Russia Program, coordinator of Russian...
Former U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Belarus from 1994-1997 and to Georgia from 1998-2001
Ambassador (ret.) Kenneth Yalowitz served as a U.S. Foreign Service Officer for 36 years and was twice an ambassador: to Belarus from 1994-1997; and Georgia from 1998-2001. He also served in Moscow (two tours), The Hague and the US Mission to NATO in Brussels. He was chosen for the Ambassador Robert Frasure award for peacemaking and conflict prevention in 2000 for his work preventing s...
Chair and Professor, Department of Modern and Contemporary History and International Relations, Udmurt State University, Russia
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Izabella Tabarovsky // Manager for Regional Engagement
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute
- Kateryna Smagliy // Director, Kennan Institute in Ukraine
- Nina Rozhanovskaya // Coordinator and Academic Liaison in Russia