ECSP Report 3: Official Statements and New Publications
Excerpts from recent official statements in which environmental issues are cited in the context of security institutions and national interests, and reviews by experts of new publications.
- Fighting for Survival: Environmental Decline, Social Conflict, and the New Age of Insecurity, by Michael Renner (1996). Reviewed by Peter Stoett.
- Building Bridges: Diplomacy and Regime Formation in the Jordan River Valley, by Randy Deshazo and John W. Sutherlin (1996). Reviewed by Jeffrey K. Sosland.
- The Environmental Trap: The Ganges River Diversion, Bangladeshi Migration and Conflicts in India, by Ashok Swain (1996). Reviewed by Deepa Khosla.
- The Betrayal of Science and Reason: How Anti-Environmental Rhetoric Threatens Our Future, by Paul H. Ehrlich and Anne H. Ehrlich (1996). Reviewed by Stephanie Wolters.
- National Defense and the Environment, by Stephen Dycus (1996). Reviewed by Adam N. Bram.