Head, Department of Humanities, Kyiv University of Law, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, and former Regional Exchange Scholar, Kennan Institute
Wilson Center Project(s):
"Social Mobility and Formation of Elites in Democratic Society"
Dec 12, 2011
Dec 12, 2011
Previous Terms at the Wilson Center:
Regional Exchange Scholar, Kennan Institute. Director, Ukrainian Centre for Peace, Conversion and Conflict Resolution Studies. "Social Mobility and Formation of Elites in Democratic Society." April 1, 1996 - June 30, 1996. Project Description: This project covers the problems of formation of new political elites in Ukraine, their classification, and foreign policy orientations. Stresses the formation and the stratification of the military-industrial elite in Ukraine and its foreign policy orientations. Shows the paradoxes of elite formation caused by its colonial and Soviet legacy.
Stay in Touch
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute