Wilson Center Experts
Prem Shankar Jha
Prem Shankar Jha is a former information adviser to the prime minister of India, and former editor of and contributor to Hindu, Hindustan Times, Economic Times, and Financial Express. He has recently been a visiting fellow at the Fairbank Center at Harvard University and the visiting chair of India’s political economics at the Paris Institute of Political Studies.
1. India : A Political Economy of Stagnation: Oxford University Press 1980.
2. Management of Public Enterprises in Developing Asian Countries: The UN Asian and Pacific Development Administration Centre. Kuala Lumpur, 1980.
3. In the Eye of the Cyclone: The crisis in Indian Democracy. Viking , New Delhi. 1993.
4. Kashmir 1947: Rival versions of History: Oxford University Press. 1996.
5. A Jobless Future: Political causes of Economic crisis
(in India). Rupa books, New Delhi. Feb. 2002.
6.The Perilous Road to the Market: The Political economy of reform in Russia, China and India. Pluto Press U.K. August 2002 .
7. Kashmir 1947: the Origins of a dispute (much enlarged second edition of the 1996 book) OUP 2003.
8. The End of Saddam Hussein's Iraq -- History through the Eyes of the Victim. Coming out in India on November 15, 2003. Rupa books.