Skip to main content
Digital eagle

Opportunities with the Federal Games Guild

For the latest opportunities with government agencies, including potential funding for game-based approaches -- located in a PDF at the top of the page.

Learn more

Internship Opportunities

The primary focus of the internship is executing and supporting research around serious games, particularly as they relate to ongoing projects and supporting the broader ecosystem of games for education or policy. 

Some tasks include:

  • Writing or researching topics related to existing games, such as disinformation or environmental policy
  • Participating in the process of game development and prototyping with leading studios
  • Assisting the preparation of publications and/or outreach materials
  • Supporting convenings with leading experts in the field
  • Performing administrative assignments in support of activities

Application Process and Materials

Please submit all application materials to Ms. Sophie Goguichvili at

Please specify in the subject line the intended time period for your internship with [SEMESTER] [YEAR] e.g. “FALL 2022 Serious Games Internship”. 

A completed application will have the following materials, compiled into a single PDF.  Please label your file with your name.

  • Cover letter explaining your interest in STIP and the associated areas
  • CV/Resume
  • A brief strong writing sample demonstrating your work in science and technology research.

Note for International Students

International students studying in the U.S. are eligible, but they must hold a valid F-1 or J-1 visa and appropriate work authorization. All international students must obtain written permission from their designated school official or responsible officer for visas at their university stating they have valid immigration status and are eligible to intern at the Wilson Center. The Wilson Center is not able to sponsor visas for interns. If you are an international student not already studying in the U.S. on a F-1 or J-1 visa, then you must go through a university exchange program or an outside organization that will sponsor your visa. You must have the appropriate visa to apply for this internship.