Russia gained in Navalny a new, bright, courageous political leader on the national level.
According to Reut, Navalny is an illusion of a real alternative to the current government.
A striking example to the discredit of the institution of Russian elections came from Volgograd.
Interview with Kennan Institute's new director, Matthew Rojansky, in the upcoming issues of Kennan Moscow Project's Fall issue of Vestnik.
The St. Petersburg-based political analyst Grigoriy Golosov divided the events of last Sunday in two: what happened in Moscow and what happened in the rest of Russia.
The Kennan Institute and the Global Europe Program kicked off the year with a scholar luncheon. Directors Christian Ostermann and Matthew Rojansky highlighted their interest in inter-program and inter-scholar cooperation and dialogue. The lunch was held as an informal starting point for fruitful collaboration between scholars with intersecting academic interests.
Russia highly values its BRICS membership and wants to deepen its cooperation even as the economic dynamism behind the original concept has begun to run out of steam, writes William Pomeranz on CNN.com.
While low expectations surround the G20 meeting in St. Petersburg, there is one timely matter that resonates with Washington, Moscow, and the entire G20 — the continuing fight against offshore tax havens, writes William Pomeranz.
"I think the real concern is this is a president who does not feel his legacy will be well served by investing more political capital in Russia. That’s worrying to me in the long term,” said Matthew Rojansky, Director of the Kennan Institute, on Andrea Mitchell Reports.
Director of the Kennan Institute Matthew Rojansky discusses the future of U.S.-Russia relations in light of President Obama’s cancelled meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin as well as the outcome of Secretaries Kerry and Hagel’s meeting with the Russian envoy.
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Izabella Tabarovsky // Manager for Regional Engagement
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Emma Dorst // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute
- Kateryna Smagliy // Director, Kennan Institute in Ukraine
- Nina Rozhanovskaya // Coordinator and Academic Liaison in Russia