Summaries of those Institute lectures of greatest relevance to the general public and policy-making community.
"My main thought is that psychologically, it takes a long time to get rid of an Empire, and, in this case, the Soviet Union. Young people tend to forget that the Soviet Union existed, that the Soviet Union was a real entity, and we have not given enough thought to how painful its collapse was..."
"Social entrepreneurship is a very new trend in Ukraine. Unfortunately there are only about 50-100 social entrepreneurs that have gotten started in the last few years. There have been a number of projects supported by foreign donors to promote the development of social entrepreneurship, but organizations that work in this field are still very young and inexperienced..."
Interview with Andrey Miroshnichenko, Fulbright-Kennan Institute Research Scholar, upon the completion of his grant, Spring 2013
An interview with Nataliya Rostova, Galina Starovoitova Fellow on Human Rights and Conflict Resolution, upon the completion of her grant “The Russian Mass Media of the Post-Perestroika Era.”
Experts & Staff
- Matthew Rojansky // Director, Kennan Institute
- William E. Pomeranz // Deputy Director, Kennan Institute
- F. Joseph Dresen // Program Associate
- Mary Elizabeth Malinkin // Program Associate
- Mattison Brady // Program Assistant
- Blair A. Ruble // Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute