ECSP Report 5: Reviews of New Publications
Experts review new publications:
- The Environment, Scarcity, and Violence, by Thomas F. Homer-Dixon (1999). Reviewed by David Dessler.
- Contested Grounds: Security and Conflict in the New Environmental Politics, edited by Daniel H. Deudney and Richard A. Matthew (1999). Reviewed by Colin H. Kahl.
- Environment, Scarcity and Conflict: A Study of Malthusian Concerns, by Leif Ohlsson (1999). Reviewed by Simon Dalby.
- Environmental Change and Security: A European Perspective, edited by Alexander Carius and Kurt M. Lietzmann (1999). Reviewed by Stacy D. VanDeveer.
- Security: A New Framework for Analysis, by Barry Buzan, Ole Wæver and Jaap de Wilde (1998). Reviewed by Nina Græger.
- Water and Population Dynamics: Case Studies and Policy Implications, edited by Alex de Sherbinin and Victoria Dompka (1998). Reviewed by Leif Ohlsson.
- Resolving Environmental Conflict: Towards Sustainable Community Development, by Chris Maser (1996). Reviewed by Carlos F. Lascurain.
- Ecoviolence: Links Among Environment, Population, and Security, edited by Thomas Homer-Dixon and Jessica Blitt (1998). Reviewed by Dean Caras.
- The World’s Water 1998-1999: The Biennial Report on Freshwater Resources, by Peter H. Gleick (1998). Reviewed by Michael K. Vaden.
- The Corporate Planet: Ecology and Politics in the Age of Globalization, by Joshua Karliner (1997) and Green Backlash: Global Subversion of the Environmental Movement, by Andrew Rowell (1996). Reviewed by Kate O’Neill.
- Plan & Conserve: A Source Book on Linking Population and Environmental Services in Communities, by Robert Engelman (1998). Reviewed by David Jacobstein.
- Population Reports, A series of reports published by the Population Information Program of the Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health. Reviewed by Karin I. Mueller.
- Which World? Scenarios for the 21st Century, by Allen Hammond (1998). Reviewed by Jessica Powers.
- Economic Globalization and Political Stability in Developing Countries, by Nicolas van de Walle; The New Security Thinking: A Review of the North American Literature, by Ann M. Florini and P.J. Simmons; and Poverty, Inequality, and Conflict in Developing Countries, by Joan M. Nelson (1998). Reviewed by Moushumi Chaudhury.