The office of former Congresswoman Jane Harman, Director, President and CEO of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in Washington, DC, seeks an intern who can commit approximately 35 hours per week.
Please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample as one document to Grayson Clary at email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This internship is paid.
- Conduct background research for the Congresswoman’s op-eds, remarks, and briefs
- Accompany the Congresswoman to events both at and outside of the Wilson Center
- Monitor breaking news and assist with synthesizing the news before meetings and events
- Draft office correspondence
- Assist with scheduling and general office duties as assigned
- Current student, recent graduate or accepted into an advanced degree program
- Knowledge of foreign policy issues, particularly national security or the Middle East
- Able to keep up in a fast-paced, demanding office environment
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to utilize Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- International students are eligible, but they must hold a valid F-1 or J-1 visa and appropriate work authorization. All international students must obtain written permission from their Designated School Official or Responsible Visa Officer at their university stating that they are in valid immigration status and eligible to do an internship at the Center. The Wilson Center is an equal opportunity employer and follows equal opportunity employment guidelines in the selection of its interns.
Summer Internship Deadline: April 15