Dr. Victoria Zhuravleva is the Head of the Center for North American Studies, Primakov Institute of World Economy and International Relations (IMEMO). Dr. Zhuravleva is an expert on American politics and foreign policy. She also studies the American political system, Russia-American relations, ideologies, political cultures, and global leadership. She is the author of American Presidents and Congress in Tug-of-War for Power, published in 2011. She received her Ph.D. in Political Science from the Institute of USA and Canada, Russian Academy of Sciences, and her MA in Political Science and International Relations from Moscow State Institute of International Relations-Sciences Po. She received her BA in International Relations from MGIMO.
- American Presidents and Congress in Tug-of-War for Power. Moscow: IMEMO. 2011.
- E. Batalov, V. Zhuravleva, K. Khozinskaya “The Growling Bear” in the “Wild East”. Images of Modern Russia in American Researches: 1992-2007. Moscow. 2009.
- Trump 2020: Protest President in Polarized Country//World Economy and International Relations, 2020, vol. 64, no10. https://www.imemo.ru/publications/periodical/meimo/archive/2020/10-t-64/usa-politics-and-society/trump-2020-protest-president-in-polarized-country
- Borisova A. Zhuravleva. V. American State: The Crisis of Trust// World Economy and International Relations, 2018, vol. 62, no. 5. https://elibrary.ru/show_item_pages.asp?fname=elibrary_34925165_14252755
- Bunina A. Zhuravleva V. Midterms 2018: Democratic Come Back//Russia and America in XXI century. 2018.N4. https://rusus.jes.su/s207054760000057-9-1-en
- Zhuravleva V. Donald Trump’s Second Year In the White House: The Art of Managing Federal Government//The Year of the Planet. IMEMO. 2018.
- USA: The Presidential Election Campaign 2016//The Year of the Planet. IMEMO. 2017.
- Russia and the USA: Reflecting on the Conflict//World Economy and International Relations, 2017, vol. 61, no. 5. https://elibrary.ru/download/elibrary_29215328_26383035.pdf
- American sanctions on Russia: Obama’s smart power in action// USA & Canada Economics-Politics-Culture, №4. 2015.
- Political and Ideological Roots of American Leadership// USA & Canada Economics-Politics-Culture, №11. 2014