The Public Policy Forum convened an expert roundtable in collaboration with the Embassy of Canada in Washington, the Canada Institute of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, and the Center for American Progress to discuss private and public sector investment in clean technologies in Canada and the United States.
This event brought together some 50 leaders from the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors in the United States and Canada for a constructive cross-border dialogue, informed by expert speakers, and aimed at practical next steps to improve collaboration.
The event focused on the following themes and questions:
- An exchange of experiences with various approaches to financing the development and deployment of clean technologies
- An examination of the private sector interest to invest in cleantech
- The feasibility of cleantech investments in the absence of a carbon pricing mechanism
- An exploration of common interests and collaboration in various technologies
- The accessibility of U.S. markets to Canadian technology and vice versa
For access to presentations, photos, and an audio recording of His Excellency Gary Doer's luncheon address visit the event page
The event was held at the Canadian Embassy.