Organized “Global Infrastructure Projects Conference," with Alaska Pacific University, Anchorage, Alaska 1986, and brought global infrastructure investors to the Alaskan Arctic.
Supported circumpolar cooperation by joining Alaska Governor Walter Hickel’s delegation to Rio de Janeiro Earth Summit, 1992 with Northern Forum Governors and other Northern Forum meetings.
Worked with Japanese Diet Members to support creation of a Parliamentary Interest Group on the Polar Regions, development of Japan’s Arctic Policy, support for Japan’s observer status in the Arctic Council.
Longtime convenor of Alaskan and Japanese business leaders in support of Alaska-Japan economic, science and security cooperation.
Engaged in Policy Analysis and Promotion of Global-Scale Infrastructure Projects related to the Arctic, including:
- Maritime Transportation in the Arctic Region
- Trans-Asia Natural Gas Pipeline Network,
- Trans-Alaska Gas System LNG Market Analysis for State of Alaska
- New Continental and Maritime Silk Road Infrastructure Development,
- Oceanic Thermo-Electric Conversion(OTEC)
- Promotion of “ITER (International Thermo-Nuclear Experimental Reactor)” Project
Former President, Global Infrastructure Fund Research Foundation, Japan; Former Research Director, Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc.; Former Board Member, Institute of the North, Anchorage, Alaska; Former VP, The Maritime and Continental Silk Road City Alliance Business Council; Former Head of Tokyo of the “One-Belt-One-Road Inclusive and Sustainable City Service Network Project” of UNIDO