The crucial role women can—and should—play in Iraqi reconstruction was the focus of a forum on April 21 and 22, 2003 in Washington D.C. “Winning the Peace: Women’s Role in Post-Conflict Iraq” was hosted by the Conflict Prevention and Middle East Projects of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars and Women Waging Peace, a global initiative of Hunt Alternatives Fund.
- Key Conclusions and Findings in Brief
- Women in Iraqi Society
- Advancing Women’s Participation in Democracy, Governance, and Public Decision-Making
- Advancing Women’s Economic Rights and Empowerment
- Advancing Women’s Interests in Constitutional Law and Legislation
- Strengthening Civil Society
- Iraqi Conference Participants