Can the coming transition out of Afghanistan be informed by lessons from the U.S. military-diplomatic transition in Iraq?
This event will look at a newly released RAND study titled Ending the U.S. War in Iraq: The Final Transition, Operational Maneuver, and Disestablishment of the United States Forces–Iraq, which explores how our experience in the military exit and transition of responsibilities in Iraq might help to inform future U.S. transition planning in Afghanistan.
- Vice President, International, RAND Corporation
- Commanding General, Joint Force Headquarters-National Capital Region, the U.S. Army Military District of Washington
- Senior Advisor to the President for Alumni Relations
- Expert on Middle Eastern political-military affairs, with particular emphasis on Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia
- Former Public Policy Scholar