**Please note, this event will be held in Charlotte, NC at the Democratic National Convention**
The Annenberg Retreat at Sunnylands and The Woodrow Wilson Center cordially invite you to join co-hosts Antonio Villaraigosa, Mayor of Los Angeles and Chairman of the 2012 Democratic National Convention and Bill Richardson, former Governor of New Mexico, Ambassador to the United Nations and Secretary of Energy for a discussion on policy options for the Future of U.S.-Mexico Relations.
The Annenberg Retreat at Sunnylands and the Wilson Center seized the opportunity provided by simultaneous election years in the United States and Mexico to convene a high-level retreat of preeminent political, business, academic, and media leaders from the two countries in March 2012. From this retreat emerged a fresh set of ideas to take the bilateral partnership to a new level that are put forth in the report, A Stronger Future: Policy Recommendations for U.S.-Mexico Relations. The report includes ideas to enhance regional competitiveness; reform the U.S. immigration system; more effectively fight organized crime and strengthen public security; further educational exchanges; increase energy cooperation; and develop ports of entry that strengthen trade and border security.
Location: The Mimosa Grill 327 South Tryon Street Charlotte, NC 28202 For Directions click here
- President, The Annenberg Retreat at Sunnylands
- Executive Vice President and Senior Advisor to the Mexico Institute
- Distinguished Diplomat in Residence/Mexico Institute, Advisory Board Member
- Former Governor of New Mexico, Ambassador to the United Nations, and Secretary of Energy
- Mayor of Los Angeles and Chairman of the 2012 Democratic National Convention